Thursday 7 March 2013

Sweetly Simple Strawberry Ice Cream :)

One of the things I love about Tupperware is the tools that really make food preparation easy and the fabulous recipes that often come with those tools. Last night I decided to try out a recipe for home-made strawberry ice cream. In the words of my 8 year old 'This is the best ice cream I ever ate' It was super simple to make and only took a couple of minutes to make. I realize now I should have taken a better picture, but we were anxious to try out this soft serve type of ice cream!

I used my Quick Chef Pro System with the blade attachment, adding 1 cup whipping cream, 1.5 cups frozen strawberries, 3 tablespoons of icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Once all the ingredients were in, I simply turned the handle quickly for about 90 seconds and presto- yummy home made ice cream!
It was so good that I wanted to make some more tonight, but sadly we were all out of whipping cream. Tomorrow's another day, though, right? I was also wondering if it would work with different flavours of fruit- I guess there is only one way to find out :)

2 comments:

  1. Guess I should re-title my blog to 'Blue skies, Blood drops & Tupperware.' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I can never have enough ice cream!

    ReplyDelete